Note: Unless otherwise specified, CoP meeting attendance is free for ALL. You must be logged in using your PMI.org credentials to receive applicable discounts at the time of checkout.
Objectives of the Global Committee of Practice:
- A Structured learning environment for our membership that will enable the exchange of ideas and information
- The sharing of best practices, and lessons learned specific to project management dealing with global issues
- Innovation: Offer our members benefits from Global collaboration with Project Management practitioners from a different professional, cultural and business setting than North Carolina
- Professional Growth: Growth opportunity for our members dealing with increasingly global and multicultural teams
- Networking: Establish meaningful and long term collaboration opportunities
- Sponsorship Opportunities: Chennai Chapter (India) is one of the fastest growing regions in the world (several Chennai located companies have offices in the Triangle area – HCL, InfoSys, etc.)
We strive to reach our goals by helping project managers’ deal with issues encountered working with teams across the world. Most companies in today’s environment either have operations globally or they have partners in other countries. Our mission is to increase awareness and knowledge of Project Managers who often struggle when dealing with co-workers who may be spread around the globe. NCPMI, and the partner chapters’ project managers will also earn PDU's toward their PMI continuing education requirements.
Some of the future goals of this CoP include:
- Leveraging live video technology (such as Youtube live) in addition to collaboration tools such as Skype to facilitate dialog and collaboration
- Expanding the offering to other chapters in different geographic locations
If you would like to learn more about dealing with issues encountered in other countries, you should consider visiting and joining our club. Investing your time in learning about global issues in Project Management may be the best decision you'll ever make, as your next position could very well be working with global partners. So get off to a good start by attending a meeting or signing up!
Please note that this committee is the only one in North Carolina that offers PDU credits while working with other chapters globally.
Meetings: See calendar for exact date and time (typically from 7:30am – 9:00am)
General Agenda: Networking & Presentations/Workshops