The Leadership CoP meets the second Thursday of each month...
Note: Unless otherwise specified, CoP meeting attendance is free for ALL.You must be logged in using your PMI.org credentials to receive applicable discounts at the time of checkout.
Meetings begin at 5:30 PM and end at 7:00 PM at the location specified for each meeting.
Organizations are increasingly realizing the critical role project managers play in delivering successful projects. Project management professionals are being viewed as agents who not only execute projects but also lead and manage organizational change. Recognizing the need for developing the project managers into successful leaders and change agents, the North Carolina Chapter of the Project Management Institute has constituted the leadership committee to further the cause of inculcating leadership skills among the project management community. The Mission of the Leadership LIG is to provide an interactive forum for people interested in Leadership in the Project Environment to gather and share real world experiences, lessons learned, and best practices.
The goals of the Leadership CoP are to:
1. Encourage thought leadership in the integration of Leadership concepts with PMBOK methodologies.
2. Expand the involvement and knowledge of industry professionals to the benefits of NCPMI
3. Support project management professionals by providing an industry-specific forum to:
- Exchange ideas, information, best practices, techniques, knowledge and lessons learned;
- Discuss industry issues and concerns, and provide recommendations for potential solutions;
- Provide organized presentations on leadership topics as they pertain to any aspect of project, program or portfolio management
4. Create networking opportunities and a forum for open communications.
Meeting Frequency: Our committee holds 6-10 meetings a year, typically on the 2rd Thursdays , of the month. Please see the events calendar and upcoming events –Leadership CoP for exact date time and location.
For more information send an inquiry to the Leadership COP
You must be logged in to access the member file downloads area for this CoP. (Log in now)