This is a NCPMI Communication & Public Speaking CoP- NCPL Toastmasters Club Meeting.
The Meeting includes prepared speech, table topics, networking, evaluations, jokes and multiple meeting operations roles.
05-08-2018: 5:30 pm -8:00 pm (5.30-6.30 Registration, Snack & Pre-meeting Networking)
Cisco Campus - 7200 Kit Creek Rd, Building 12,Morrisville NC 27560
Speaker: Wini Curley, PhD, DTM
“More than education, more than experience, more than training, a person’s level of resilience will determine who succeeds and who fails. That’s true in the cancer ward, it’s true in the Olympics, and it’s true in the boardroom.” Dean Becker, Adaptive Learning Systems.
Stress is an epidemic in the workplace. The best antidote available is to develop your resilience skills. Join Dr. Wini Curley, DTM for a fun and stress free presentation with solutions for how to reduce stress and build your resilience skills. This is for you if the following sounds familiar:
- Disruptions to your work flow stress you out.
- You know you can overreact, and it isn’t the true you.
- You feel frustrated and drained more than satisfied.
- Family/home demands affect your work/focus.
- Stress levels feel overwhelming.
Attendees will have a better understanding of the following:
- The relationship between stress and resilience.
- How resilience skills and leadership go hand in hand.
- 3 specific skills to reduce stress and build resilience:
- The benefits of choosing a response instead of releasing unfiltered reactions.
- How Pivot Power provides peace.
- Dispelling the myth of control.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Wini Curley, DTM, is a Resilience Expert, Speaker, Author, and Executive Coach. Since 2006, she has shown leaders and their teams how to overcome challenges and navigate change with greater clarity and less stress. Dr. Curley created The Appreciation Experiment, an innovative approach to building team trust, performance, and resilience. It combines personal development skills with Wini’s inner science geek. Her expertise with teams comes from 25 years of successfully leading multi-disciplinary teams on high dollar, data-driven projects to mitigate environmental risks for federal agencies, public utilities, and Fortune 500 companies.
Please note the following:
1. This meeting is free for NCPMI & North Carolina Project Leaders Toastmasters (NCPL) members
3. Snack/Finger food will be provided
4. PDUs will be reported by NCPMI
5. PMPs are required to provide their PMI numbers in order that their PDUs can be reported
6. Please arrive on time in order that the meeting can start promptly
7. Please leave the facility in equal or better condition than you found it
8. The meeting will take place at Cisco in Building 12, 7200 Kit Creek Rd, Morrisville, NC. Click on Location for directions. When you arrive, PLEASE LOOK FOR THE NCPMI & North Carolina Project Leaders Toastmasters signs.
9. There are other Toastmasters clubs meeting at Cisco. Please ensure that you attend the correct meeting- NCPMI Communication & Public Speaking CoP- NCPL Toastmasters Club Meeting