The differences in culture and focus are the leading reason why government projects differ from their private sector counterparts. Understanding the cultural differences—and how they impact project success—can help project managers moving from the private sector into the public sector (and vice versa) make a more successful transition.
Attendees will learn about and have the opportunity afterward to discuss key similarities and differences of managing projects in Public vs Private Sectors, such as:
· Protocols & Practices
· Consequences of Failure
· Culture & Politics
· Process vs Outcome
About the Speaker: Michael R. Wood
Over the last 30 years Michael Wood has led individual and complex portfolios of process improvement, enterprise effectiveness and IT related projects. His rich understanding of business process improvement, financial management, cross-functional stakeholder facilitation, SDLC, rules based applications, data modeling and management/business analysis along with his experience as a CIO gives him a unique perspective into helping organizations to deliver sustainable value to stakeholders.
For the past 17 years I have served as the Subject Matter Expert on Business Process Improvement and IT Strategy for PMI’s www.projectmanagement.com, the world’s largest Project Management content portal. In that capacity, he is considered a major influencer.
Throughout his career Michael has served as a partner in 2 CPA firms, a CIO of a $ billion corporation, a university professor and a CEO.
His pathfinding and groundbreaking work in the field of business process improvement has yielded the Helix Methodology, the only integrated lean business process improvement, requirements discovery and SDLC in the world today.
Since 2000 Michael has been a contributing author at www.projectmanagement.com (a PMI company) where his body of work spans hundreds of articles, presentations and videos.
· [6:30-6:45pm] Attendees log into Skype meeting. Attendees will be placed in Virtual Lobby.
· [6:50-6:55pm] Roll Call
· [6:55 -7:00pm] Greetings and Introduction of Speaker
· [7:00-8:00pm] Speaker Presentation
· [8:00-8:15pm] Q&A, closing remarks, networking
· This meeting will be conducted via Skype. Registration is required ahead of time.
· Skype Web App: https://meet.lync.com/ncpmi.org/comhighedu/87NSGERS?sl=1
· Join by Phone:
+1-984-204-1471 (Dial-in Number) English (United States)
Find local number: https://dialin.lync.com/0047d552-1e2e-43ae-adb4-917633fa2795
Conference ID: 39638202
· Attendees are strongly encouraged to log in and test their connections ahead of time.
· Upon joining the meeting, attendees will be placed into a Virtual Lobby until Roll Call begins.
· For best experience, please connect using a Microsoft or Mac desktop or laptop.
· **When logging into Skype, use the name you registered with plus your PMI membership number.
Example: Johnny Appleseed 000001
|Event Date||06-19-2018 6:30 pm|
|Event End Date||06-19-2018 8:15 pm|
|Registration Start Date||06-04-2018 12:00 am|
|Cut off date||06-19-2018 5:00 pm|
|Individual Price||FREE for all NCPMI members and non-members|
|Technical PDU Hours||0.5|
|Strategy PDU Hours||0.5|
|Location||Online Skype Business Meeting|