Discounted workshop as a way for NCPMI Board to give back to our members! Must bring own laptop for this workshop.
Light breakfast will be available (bagels, coffee and juice)
Do you want/need to …
- learn how to use SharePoint to support project delivery?
- make it easier for your team to work together
- provide on-demand visibility to the status of project deliverables to all project stakeholders?
- capture and track or monitor project risks and issues?
- organize and provide access to project documents?
FACILITATOR: Larry Diener, PMP
After a general introduction to how SharePoint works and a general introduction to its components, each participant will learn how to create and customize or tailor the following:
- Announcements – to publish project, team or departmental announcements and short bits of information
- Project Document Library – to store various files and documents for a project, team, department
- Calendar – To store and track information on upcoming meetings, deadlines or other events
- Tasks – to store and assign tasks to yourself or team members
- Risks and Issues Log – to store a log of ongoing project issues, that are not necessarily tasks (i.e. log of actions, decisions or operational items)
- Change Request Form – to capture and evaluate Change Requests
- Contact List/Team Roster – a list of contacts for the team. To store contact info like phone numbers, address, emails and other relevant information.
You’ll leave the course with the knowledge and resources you need to implement a project team site in your own work environment. The course will be taught in a SharePoint 2013 environment but the information is equally applicable to SP 2010 and SP2016.
The ideal course participant will have had some experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, be familiar with standard project documents, deliverables, and practices, have access to a SharePoint environment in their place of work. No programming experience is required
Access to a SharePoint 2013 learning environment and email/forum support from Larry for two months following the course is included in the course registration.