Communications CoP: Pump Up Your Professionalism
This is a NCPMI Communication & Public Speaking CoP- NCPL Toastmasters Club Meeting.
The Meeting includes prepared speeches, table topics, networking, evaluations, jokes and multiple meeting operations roles.
5:30 pm -8:00 pm (5.30-6.00 Registration, Snack & Pre-meeting Networking)
Cisco Campus - Building 3, First Floor, The Vault Conference Room
Do you know how long it takes to form a first impression? Approximately 3 to 5 seconds. As Project Managers dealing with other professionals, you should always strive to make a positive first impression. It makes you more effective and respected. Sharon A. Hill is an author, certified etiquette trainer (certified by the American Business Etiquette Trainers Association) and member of the National Speaker Association who is presenting an energetic and interactive session focusing on you. She is going to discuss.
- Winning handshakes
- Power of Eye Contact
- Secrets of Small Talk
Get ready to have fun while you learn some exciting tips and techniques to pump up your professionalism.
At the end of this presentation, the audience will know:
- How to make a positive impression within 30 seconds
- How to overcome shyness or discomfort when meeting new people
- How to carry oneself with confidence and professionalism
About the Speaker
Sharon A. Hill, author, speaker and MBA spent more than 20 years as a development and marketing manager at Fortune 500 giant IBM.
She is the president of Sharon Hill International which is her motivational and educational speaking business. Sharon is a certified etiquette trainer, trained by the American Business Etiquette Trainers Association.
Combining her passion for business etiquette, diversity in the workplace and her MBA research on Organizational Behavior, Sharon is recognized as an authority on American business etiquette for companies, universities, groups, associations and individuals.
Sharon has served on several Boards of Directors including:
- 2013-2015 Board of Directors President for Big Brothers Big Sisters – Raleigh Chapter
- 2013-2014 Past President for the National Association of Women Business Owners- Raleigh Chapter.
- 2013-2015 Toastmasters International Director
- 2017 – Present – Goodwill Community Foundation Member
She was recently appointed as a member of the Orange County Economic Development Advisory Board.
Chapel Hill/Carrboro Chamber of Commerce named Sharon Hill as the 2016 Woman Business Owner of the Year.
Sharon is the author of five books that focus on etiquette, succeeding in college and corporate America. She has been heard on numerous radio programs throughout the country.
She is married to her husband and soul mate, Elmer Hill, and lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Please note the following:
- This meeting is free for NCPMI & North Carolina Project Leaders Toastmasters (NCPL) members
- Snack/Finger food will be provided
- PDUs will be reported by NCPMI
- PMPs are required to provide their PMI numbers in order that their PDUs can be reported
- Please arrive on time in order that the meeting can start promptly
- Please leave the facility in equal or better condition than you found it
- The meeting will take place at Cisco in Building 3, 7025 Kit Creek Rd, Morrisville, NC 27560. Click on Location for directions. When you arrive, PLEASE LOOK FOR THE NCPMI & North Carolina Project Leaders Toastmasters signs.
- There are other Toastmasters clubs meeting at Cisco. Please ensure that you attend the correct meeting- NCPMI Communication & Public Speaking CoP- NCPL Toastmasters Club Meeting