Communications CoP: Multiple Generations in the Workplace
This is a NCPMI Communication & Public Speaking CoP- NCPL Toastmasters Club Meeting.
The Meeting includes prepared speeches, table topics, networking, evaluations, jokes and multiple meeting operations roles.
5:30 pm -8:00 pm (5.30-6.00 Registration, Snack & Pre-meeting Networking)
Cisco Campus - Building 3, First Floor, The Vault Conference Room
Companies are now in the situation where they have multiple generations in the workplace. People are living longer and have started working well past retirement. Some people are now opting out of college and entering the workforce straight out of high school.
How do you get such a wide range of ages to work together? How do you get them to come into agreement on how to approach projects and job responsibilities? How do you get them to respect all the individuals on the team? Better yet, how do you manage the group especially if they are all older than you?
These are the team dynamics that employers, project managers and every company are currently facing. Diversity and Inclusion is no longer about race. It now is also about age. We now have to address the issue of working with multiple generations.
Participants will understand:
- What are the various generations?
- What is Diversity and Inclusion?
- How do you get the generations to work together?
- What do the generations have in common?
About the Speaker
Me'chelle Degree McKenney is the Blueprint Leadership Strategist and CEO of 3rd Degree Solutions. Her successful career has taken her around the world. She empowers leaders with "Blueprint Leadership Strategies" to take significant next steps in their careers and personal development.
Before becoming the Blueprint Leadership Strategist, Me’chelle worked as an organizational leadership consultant where she used her 25 years of extensive project management experience, her certifications in Project Management Professional (PMP) and (CSM) Scrum Master to create profitable and lasting solutions. Me’chelle is an action-oriented consultant recognized by clients as an innovative problem solver. Her expertise provides her the ability to build relationships to aid in moving teams forward. Me’chelle has managed domestic and international projects, forming strategic partnerships between business groups and external clients such as Oracle, FedEx, Toshiba, Ericsson, Sony Ericson and GSK, to name a few. Her track record of excellence amongst her clients has developed her into one of the most highly sought-after high-performance speakers in the world.
Recognizing that without leadership, you cannot influence, and without influence, you have no power, one of Mechelle’s top speaker topics is “Everything Rises and Falls on Leadership.” As an Amazon Number 1 Best Selling Author and a John Maxwell certified Coach, Speaker, and Trainer; Me’chelle mastered the art of strategic leadership and developed the "Blueprint Leadership" Series of Workshops for Corporations, Entrepreneurs, Government and Financial Intuitions, Women in Transition, College Students and Faith-based Institutions.
Engaging audiences with a strategic sense of purpose, humor and a full dose of reality, Me'chelle provides tips, tools, and techniques for delivering to the audience the "Blueprint of Clarity and Connection to the Future.”
Participants leave the workshops inspired, focused and prepared with applied knowledge that will springboard them into their vision and goals with confidence.
“Meet Me’chelle McKenney…see what everybody is raving about”
Please note the following:
- This meeting is free for NCPMI & North Carolina Project Leaders Toastmasters (NCPL) members
- Snack/Finger food will be provided
- PDUs will be reported by NCPMI
- PMPs are required to provide their PMI numbers in order that their PDUs can be reported
- Please arrive on time in order that the meeting can start promptly
- Please leave the facility in equal or better condition than you found it
- The meeting will take place at Cisco in Building 3, 7025 Kit Creek Rd, Morrisville, NC 27560. Click on Location for directions. When you arrive, PLEASE LOOK FOR THE NCPMI & North Carolina Project Leaders Toastmasters signs.
- There are other Toastmasters clubs meeting at Cisco. Please ensure that you attend the correct meeting- NCPMI Communication & Public Speaking CoP- NCPL Toastmasters Club Meeting