Susan G. Komen Triangle Race for the Cure

Hello NCPMI!!!!  We are looking for 15- 20 volunteers to join us on May 4th  at the Frontier in Research Triangle Park for the Susan Komen Race for the Cure. The Triangle Race for the Cure, locally presented by Duke Cancer Institute, is filled with exciting options for every age group, including, an out and back 5K course with live music, Survivor/Thriver Celebration, a Family Fun Zone with a Bouncy House, Slap Shot, Game, Kids Dash, One Mile Fun run, and a Tailgate Zone with 12 local food trucks, 3 local breweries and Corn Hole!

Race Details:

7:30 AM: Race Site Opens

8:00 AM: Competitive (timed) 5K Race

8:45 AM: Survivor/Thriver Celebration

9:30 AM: Recreational 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk (Free for NCPMI team, using discount code NCPMI)

11:00 AM: Kids Dash

The event raises significant funds and awareness for breast health programs, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. This Race is unique in the fact that 100% of the net proceeds are allocated to our mission: to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer. 75% of the net income stays in our community to help fund local programs offering breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment. The remaining 25% of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Research Grants Program, which provided The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Duke University, and Wake Forest University nearly $2.2 million in research grants this year.

Registration details

To register or learn more, visit komennctc.org and click on register for registration to the event.  During registration, choose the button “join a team” and  type in Lene Omoh as team captain to join NCPMI Advocates team. Click yes for discount code  and enter “NCPMI code for free registration.

 

Questions

Kindly reach out to Director of Outreach- Lene Omoh at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information

Event Details

Event Date 05-04-2019 8:30 am
Event End Date 05-04-2019 12:00 pm
Registration Start Date 04-13-2019
Available place 15
Cut off date 05-03-2019 11:55 pm
Individual Price Free using code NCPMI Advocates
Location The Frontier

Subscribe to our newsletter!

Contact us

65 TW Alexander Drive, #14064
RTP NC  27709-4064
 

Click here to contact us!

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us & get in touch.