Requesting Member: Director of Volunteers
Position Title: Veteran Program Outreach Volunteer [Click Here to Apply]
Reporting to: NCPMI Chapter Military Liaison and VP of Membership
Estimated Volunteer Hours per Week: 1-2 hours a week
Estimated Volunteer Hours Per Month: 4 - 8 hours a month
Name: Director of Volunteers
Pursue engaging Veterans, Active Duty, Reservist and Guard personnel who are eligible and interested in joining the NCPMI Chapter and attaining project management credentials towards civilian employment as project managers through direct engagement with their organizational activities/facilities/commands. Also, includes engaging with Military Support Organizations (MSO’s) to ensure that the NCPMI Chapter has reached out to organizations that are operating in support of US Military Veterans.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Heavily assist the Chapter Military Liaison with finding, identifying and assisting to join the NCPMI Chapter, eligible Veterans, Active Duty, Reservist and Guard personnel who are interested in becoming chapter members, attaining a PMI certification and gaining employment as a project manager in the civilian community as part of their transition from active duty.
This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, maintaining a constant NCPMI Chapter presence with assigned military activities / facilities / commands to ensure that those components are aware of the advantages to separating and transitioning military members of NCPMI Chapter membership towards their goal of becoming certified, employed and practicing project managers in the civilian community.
- At a minimum, assignment as primary contact for a specific military installation and one MSO or assignment to at least two MSO’s without a specific military installation.
- Active Duty, retired or honorably discharged from U.S. military (preferred)
- Ability and/or willingness to gain access to military installations as-needed for NCPMI Veterans Program business in pursuit of the responsibilities delineated above.
- Certified PMP or CAPM strongly preferred; other PMI certifications acceptable
- A member in good standing with PMI and the NCPMI Chapter
- Good organizational and written / verbal skills
- Marketing knowledge helpful
- Computer, internet and Email access are essential
- Ability to work with others to achieve consensus
- Strong Networking and public speaking skills
- Minimum one year commitment to the role