The Global Project Management Community of Practice (CoP) Chairperson [Click Here to Apply]
Estimated Volunteer Hours per Week:
Estimated Volunteer Hours Per Month:
4 to 8 hours (on average)
The Global Community of Practice (CoP) provides a forum to exchange ideas, information, best practices, and lessons learned specific to project management in dealing with issues globally. These issues deal with organizations that have operations in multiple countries. The goal of this CoP is to work with chapters in other countries that also encounter the same issues we encounter in the United States. The goal of this CoP is to host about 6 meetings a year, on dates which will be negotiated with the other Global chapters we partner with.
The Global CoP -Co-Chairperson
NCPMI Communities of Practice (CoP) is seeking a Global CoP - Co-Chairperson to be responsible for the effective and efficient operations of the Global CoP.
The co-chairperson is responsible for assisting the chairperson is the overall planning and execution and achieving the desired outcomes for the group, inclusive of planning for, scheduling, executing and following up on the meetings. He/She will work closely with our EVP, CoP Directors and a Global Team leadership comprising of three to four team leads and assistant team leads. These team members will report directly to the chairperson.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Organize and manage monthly Community meetings – target 6 meetings per calendar year (expected that the meetings will be once every two months).
- Attend all scheduled Global CoP meetings
- Target, Identify and Recruit speakers for all planned CoP meetings in coordination with partner Chapters (if speakers are to be shared).
- Advertise upcoming meetings (create slides, promote event) – create draft communication for publication on chapter website, have it approved by EVP, work closely with Director CoP marketing to publicize events through other channels
- Arrange Logistics of meetings (food, reserving meeting rooms, monitoring attendance, reporting PDUs). Save receipts and submit expenses to EVP for processing, approval and reimbursement.
- Provide suggestions for speakers and topics
- Participate and actively contribute in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategy planning for the chapter
- Collect and file PDUs on behalf of attendees by working with the broader PMI organization
- Monitor attendance at monthly meetings and logistical requirements working with the facilities host, maintain and submit a list of attendees for each of the CoP meetings.
- Assist with development of presentation materials, working with the speaker, as required
- Contact new members through email and phone contacts to learn their needs and welcome to the committee
- Provide ideas for increasing attendance and securing speakers
- Create an environment of congeniality and inclusion for NCPMI membership
- Participate in the Global CoP transition and succession plan
- Help in actively recruiting a Co-Chair, and team leads to form the leadership team reporting to the Global CoP chair.
The Global CoP -Chairperson- Qualifications and skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster strong relationships with Clients
- Ability to foster relationships internal within NCPMI departments is required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to manage budgets, and lead a team of Global CoP volunteers.
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- High competence in project and stakeholder management
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Sharepoint and Outlook
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Self-confidence and the ability to work independently