NCPMI was chartered in 1985, and is among the 20 largest PMI chapters world-wide, with over 3,000 members and growing!
If you would like to become a member of the North Carolina Chapter of the Project Management Institute (NCPMI), you must first be enrolled as a member of PMI, the global professional association of project managers. PMI Membership is a pre-requisite to NCPMI membership.
You can apply to join PMI and NCPMI directly on line at www.pmi.org, download an application with mailing instructions, or have an application mailed to you. When you register with PMI, be sure to join the North Carolina Chapter - NCPMI.
Did you know about the discounts on PMI Membership for students and retirees? Please click here for more information.
- Monthly Chapter Meetings (Discount!)
Enjoy dinner, networking, keynote presentation on a current topic and more for just $10!
- North Carolina Project Leaders Toastmasters Club (NCPL)
Open up a world of possibilities: improve your public speaking, presentation, active listening and leadership skills in a structured, empowering and supportive environment.
- Career and Professional Development Workshops
- NCPMI Annual Conference
Over 1000 attendees and lots of professional development opportunities
- PMP Prep Classes (Discount!)
Attend one of three PMP Exam Preparation sessions per year (Each session has classes on 5 consecutive Saturdays)
- Communities of Practice
Engage in a process of collective learning, share interests and best practices of
- Communications and Public Speaking
- Health care
- Higher Education
- Program Management Office
- Public sector
Find a mentor, friend, or new contact. Build a network of peers you can rely on for guidance, support and idea sharing via NCPMI's
- Social Networking events, which take place in a relaxed and fun environment.
- Career Networking events, which are hosted in a professional and career development focused environment.
- Or perphaps you may be interested in our Engaged Resource Groups: Designed to create a welcoming environment for many groups such as women's, veterans and young professionals.
New Member Orientation
At each NCPMI chapter meeting, there is a New Member Orientation session at 5:45 pm that provides an overview of NCPMI, its Board Members, programs, and other benefits provided in affiliation with the global PMI. All NCPMI members are welcome regardless of their tenure. If you wish to learn more about NCPMI or have questions about how NCPMI may provide value for you, please join us !
Give something back to the Chapter & the field of project management - VOLUNTEER! This is a great way to learn more about the Chapter and what makes the Chapter 'tick'. You can earn valuable PDU's, under category 'E' for volunteering and receive valuable discounts. Find out more about what's available on our Volunteer Page and let us know what you're interested in by completing this interest form and we'll do our best to find a match for you.