January 2018 Chapter Meeting: Modern Leadership
Jan-18-2018 Meeting Rescheduled due to inclement weather forecast
New Date: 01-25-2018 5:30 to 8:15 PM
Did you know that NCPMI has Seven
Communities Of Practices (CoP)? Please click
and view a short video to know more and
be part of CoP to improve your
Dear Chapter Members and Friends,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve as the North Carolina Project Management Institute (NCPMI) Chapter President for 2018-2019. I am excited and honored to have the opportunity to build on the solid foundation we have at NCPMI.
I am surrounded by a group of dedicated volunteers who share the common goal of advancing the project management profession. We currently serve 3564 members from diverse industries and background and continue to grow our membership. We offer many opportunities to advance your Project management skills and the profession including, annual conference, networking, chapter meetings, mentorship, workshops, training classes, workshops, committees of practice (CoPs), seminars, outreach, volunteering and many other opportunities.
We are constantly looking at ways to increase member value and hope you will take advantage of the many benefits and activities available to you. We are eager to hear from you and have every member involved in some capacity. Please engage your board members, visit our chapter meetings, workshops, CoP meeting, networking events, website and social media sites. In addition please share your ideas and suggestion for improvement.
Donovan Henry MBA, MPM, PMP
Dear NCPMI Members,
The last few months a team of volunteers encompasses of Board members reopened the 2014 bylaws to review and update the pertinent articles. The Board and PMI reviewed and approved the proposed changes.
As per “Article XII – Amendments, Section 1”, amendment voting, calls for, the members to have access to the document at least thirty days prior to the vote.
Twelve percent (12%) of the members, the largest participation in NCPMI history elected four officers to the 2018 NCPMI Board of Officers.
- Denise Baker the current VP Professional Development is elected as the 2018 President Elect
- Carolyn Evans, Director Professional Development will be the 2018 VP Professional Development
- Jessica Johnson the current VP Membership and Kaali Dass the current VP Communications and Technology will continue in the same capacities on the 2018 Board.
I am pleased to present to 2018 NCPMI Board of Officers comprises of:
- Donovan Henry, President
- Denise Baker, President Elect
- Myriam Augustin, Immediate Past President
- Yogi Muthuswamy, Vice President Finance
- Jessica Johnson, Vice President Membership
- Victoria Kumar, Vice President Programs
- Carolyn Evans, Vice President Professional Development
- Bill Flanagan, Vice President Certification
- Kaali Dass, Vice President Communications and Technology
The new Board will be introduced at the NCPMI Annual Meeting on November 16, 2017. Please come to meet and greet them with a warm welcome.
This month’s volunteer spotlight is…
SUSHEELA CHANDRASEKARAN, Director of Membership Engagement
Advertise here and be in contact with one of PMI Global's top 15 Chapters world wide based on membership!
For additional information on how to connect with our membership, please contact the VP, Information and Communications