Communications CoP: Secrets of a Successful Speaking PlayBook
This is a NCPMI Communication & Public Speaking CoP- NCPL Toastmasters Club Meeting.
The Meeting includes prepared speeches, table topics, networking, evaluations, jokes and multiple meeting operations roles.
5:30 pm -8:00 pm (5.30-6.00 Registration, Snack & Pre-meeting Networking)
Cisco Campus - Building 3, First Floor, The Vault Conference Room
Like football, speaking is a contact sport. Every good coach, every good player shows up to the game with a playbook. Whether you are speaking to a single person, a small team, a large group, your chances for successful communication increases if you have a playbook.
This presentation reveals plays that must be in your playbook and methods for practicing these plays. This ensures that you will be sharp and ready when circumstances demand their use.
At the end of this presentation participants will understand:
- The one thing you must have in your playbook
- Ways for making your presentation sparkle
- What does a court case and a date have in common
- The best technique for moving your audience to action
- How to make the audience love you
About the Speaker
Derrick Williams, DTM, first joined Toastmasters in 1992 for the wrong reason: bar-hopping after meetings. However, his love for words, his love for people kept him around for 8 years. During this time he experienced the thrill of speech contests, gaarnered life-long friends and earned the Distinguished Toastmaster designation.
An electrical engineer by trade, he was pulled away in 2000 to focus on demanding career goals. But he could not stay away forever and returned in 2014, this time for the right reason: to support the team effort to help each other grow and develop.
Please note the following:
- This meeting is free for NCPMI & North Carolina Project Leaders Toastmasters (NCPL) members
- Snack/Finger food will be provided
- PDUs will be reported by NCPMI
- PMPs are required to provide their PMI numbers in order that their PDUs can be reported
- Please arrive on time in order that the meeting can start promptly
- Please leave the facility in equal or better condition than you found it
- The meeting will take place at Cisco Campus - Building 3, First Floor, The Vault Conference Room. Click on Location for directions. When you arrive, PLEASE LOOK FOR THE NCPMI & North Carolina Project Leaders Toastmasters signs.
- There are other Toastmasters clubs meeting at Cisco. Please ensure that you attend the correct meeting- NCPMI Communication & Public Speaking CoP- NCPL Toastmasters Club Meeting