Hello Fellow Members,
I am simply amazed by the hard work and dedication of you - our volunteers. Your willingness to repeatedly step up without hesitation contributed to the great success of our annual conference last month. We appreciate your support! Hats off to the core team who spent many months in the planning. It goes without saying the support from our corporate Sponsors was also a valuable asset for our organization.
As a reminder, PMI Social Good is part of our strategic goals for the chapter. In the remaining months of the year, there are several opportunities for us to serve in our communities with the following organizations.
- Habitat for Humanity – October 26, 2019
- Food Bank of Eastern NC (October and November)
- PM training for the Triangle East Chapter of 100 Black Men of America, Inc. – (October)
The Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam will be undergoing some changes. If you are interested in sitting for the exam (or know someone who is), the last day for candidates to take the current version of the PMP Exam has been changed to June 30, 2020.
In support of those who are planning to take the PMP exam, be aware of these PMP Prep Class opportunities. For additional information visit our website: www.ncpmi.org.
- Fall 2019 PMP Prep Class (Members and Non Members)
- Day/Time: Five (5) Saturdays
- Dates: September 14, 2019 to October 12, 2019
- Class Location: The Chesterfield, Durham NC.
- Special Offering of Fall 2019 PMP Prep Class (Members and Non Members)
- Day/Time: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Dates: October 7, 2019, through October 11, 2019
- Class Location: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Durham, NC
The chapter meeting on November 21, 2019 will be very special as this is our last meeting for the year and our Annual Meeting. Please make a special effort to register and attend this meeting. Our current board members will provide summary reports of their 2019 achievements.
Thank you for taking the time to vote in our most recent election. Please join me in welcoming the 2020 Board of Directors.
President: Yogi Muthuswamy
President Elect: Jessica Johnson
VP Finance: Melvin Lee
VP Membership: Chris Carter
VP Communications & Technology: Manosh Majumdar
VP Professional Development: Carolyn Evans
VP Certification: Bill Flanagan
VP Programs: Robert “Bobby” Robinson
Past President: Denise Baker
I look forward to seeing you at the upcoming meetings.
Denise Baker, President