Board of Directors Position Application Deadline (07/12/2019)
NCPMI is accepting volunteer applications, June 21, 2019 through July 12, 2019, from members interested in serving on the 2020 NCPMI Board of Directors. Chapter members in good standing, who can satisfy the requirements, may apply for one of the following elected board positions: President-Elect, Vice President for Professional Development; Vice President for Communications and Technology; and Vice President for Membership. Please review the information below and submit all the items listed to be considered by the Election Committee (EC).
The terms of office for the elected officers, except the President-Elect, shall be of two (2) calendar years in length, limited to two (2) consecutive terms in the same position, and no more than three terms on the Board in general six (6) years. Additionally the officer can stay three (3) more years in the President-Elect, President and Past President roles.
- To run for President-Elect, one is required to be a current elected officer and has served on the board for at least one year immediately prior to the election, and be recommended by at least two elected active officers and two members in good standing of PMI® and of the NCPMI Chapter.
- To run for Vice President, one is required to be a current elected officer or appointed director of the NCPMI Board for at least one year immediately prior to the election, and be recommended by at least one active officer, before being considered for a Board position.
The individual job description and general criteria for being considered to serve on the Board can be found on the NCPMI website under the Bylaws (located under the “About Us” tab). Please read and follow all the directions below. This is the sole responsibility of each applicant.
Applicants may apply for only one (1) elected Board position during the 2019 election process.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Statement of Interest –
Specifically define your interest in the elected position that you are applying for (Word formatted document)
- What is your vision for your role on the board?
- What are your goals specifically planned to benefit the chapter’s membership?
- What previous experience and qualifications do you have that qualifies you for the position desired?
- Why do you want to assume this position?
- Please see Form below-
2019 NOMINATION AND SELF-EVALUATION FORM
- Resume – This is your resume so no template is provided. Please provide a two  pages maximum, Word or PDF formatted resume document
- Video (optional) – If you wish to provide a video of yourself discussing the items in Section 1.0, please provide a file that is compatible with YouTube. Maximum time is 2 minutes.
FORWARD ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS:
SUBMISSION DEAD LINE:
The 2019 NCPMI Election Committee (EC) assumes NO responsibility for applications not received by the deadline date and time referenced above.
NEXT STEPS AFTER SUBMITTING APPLICATION:
Candidates will be interviewed by the EC and for qualifications based upon the current Board eligibility requirements and job description. Those candidates who are deemed qualified by the EC will have their information placed on the ballot for voting.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE:
- Submissions not including ALL of the above documentation, and fully completed, will NOT be considered as a valid application and will be returned to the applicant as incomplete and NOT accepted by the EC. This requirement is to include both incumbent and non-incumbent candidate submissions.
- Information formally submitted by any candidate will be kept for archival purposes on behalf of the NC PMI Chapter.
- Information submitted will become the property of the NC PMI Chapter.
- The NC PMI Board reserves the right to update job descriptions and eligibility criteria as necessary and post updates promptly for the membership’s review to the NC PMI web site.
- The EC will not check for grammar, punctuation, formatting, etc. on any application submissions.
NCPMI ELECTRONIC VOTING TIME FRAME:
- From August 12, 2019 through August 29, 2019 NCPMI members will be afforded an opportunity to cast electronic ballots (votes) for the approved 2020 slate of qualified applicants running for elected board positions.
FORMS, BY-LAWS AND JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW:
2019 NOMINATION AND SELF-EVALUATION FORM
(Please complete and submit)
NCPMI BY LAWS
NCPMI Board of Directors JOB DESCRIPTION_V5_09032013