As you may have heard or experienced first-hand, our Customer Care team is experiencing significantly higher contact volumes due to the dynamic nature and rapidly evolving situation globally. This is not unique to PMI as many service industries have been disrupted by COVID-19. In the month of May alone, we experienced our highest contact volumes in PMI history, and the volume does not show any sign of decreasing.
Please know we are working around the clock to respond to each inquiry, and we’re continuing to explore alternative ways we can address them. In the meantime, these are the actions we’ve already taken to help decrease the need for members to contact Customer Care.
- We’re updating our COVID-19 Update Page on an ongoing basis.
- We're waiving rescheduling fees for all certification exams until 1 October.
- We’re automatically extending all candidates’ exam eligibility until 18 January 2021.
- We've launched our new PMI Beta Bot, a 24/7 chat bot to answer your basic questions. Check it out on our Contact Us page.
- We’ve created the PMI Customer Care Alexa Skill so members and certification holders can link their PMI.org account to any Amazon Alexa-enabled device to ask Alexa: “What is my member (or certification) since date?” “What is my membership end date?” “When does my certification expire?” “How many PDUs do I have?” Try it today!
We ask for your patience and support in utilizing our Customer Care contact info so we can respond to each member and customer. If you have a question specific to chapter operations, please contact your chapter partner.
Project Management Institute
Hello from the Finance Team,
Please join our Board of Directors (BoD) at the November 19, 2020 Chapter Meeting as we provide reports from each VP as well as the Financial Report. Our current NCPMI finance team has done a great job in providing NCPMI with its financial program delivery system. Finance and Policy Administration plays a central role in sustaining, growing, and helping our Chapter meet its annual mission and objectives for the overall benefit of our membership. This includes activities as diverse as managing contracts, procurement, suppliers, insurance, risk management, policy generation and administration, by-laws, etc.
Let me introduce the Finance team who have taken on the fiduciary responsibility to keep our chapter sustainable:
Beatrice Muganda, Director for Finance
Robert (Bob) Woo
Vicky Kumar, Director for Policy, Contract and Risk Management
During our November Chapter Meeting, we will review our 2020 financial statements and budgeted and actual requirements and revenues. Upon the conclusion of our financial meeting, we would like for you to provide feedback (Chapter Meeting Survey) to let us know what you would like for your BoD to incorporate in its budget for next year. Based upon your feedback, we will incorporate as many recommendations, as possible, into our base budget for 2021.
We are always interested in volunteers who are proficient in Expensify, QuickBooks Online, posting and reconciling financial transactions to online bank and credit card statements, and volunteers proficient in writing policies and standard operating procedures. If you are interested in serving as a volunteer on the 2021 finance team, please email me, Melvin Lee, at email@example.com.
Again, we look forward to seeing you at our November 19, 2020 Chapter Meeting.
VP Finance and Administration
Advertise here and be in contact with one of PMI Global's top 15 Chapters world wide based on membership!
For additional information on how to connect with our membership, please contact the VP, Information and Communications
Be a Hero!
Note: You must be logged in to get the member or volunteer discount. Please use the Member login at the top right of this site.
All visitors are shown the full price. Discounts, when applicable, are taken at the time of checkout. If you feel that the fee shown is not correct, please do not check out as processing refunds is costly. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your concern and we will look into it for you. - Thank you.
Virtual Workshop Series presented by Apex Systems with Live Q & A: Finding your voice. Experts weight in on tips for speaking up and standing out with Lesli Vickrey, Christine Stone, and Michael Weiss - Workshop 5
NCPMI in partnership with Apex System is offering a Web Seminar Series on Time Management and Communications for All Practitioners. You must watch the on-demand webinar here prior to attending this live question and answer event. These sessions will be free for NCPMI Members and hosted online via ZOOM.
- Whether you’re in a meeting and have to lead a discussion, need to introduce yourself during a networking event or are looking to get more experience on the speaking circuit, nerves can sometimes get the best of you. Even if you’re not looking to be the highest rated TED Talk presenter in the history of TED Talks, it’s still important to find your voice and be confident in what you have to say.
10 Weeks of Group Coaching- Navigating Challenges Through Strengths with the In It Together Coaches & Ruth Pearce (ALLE LLC)
NCPMI in partnership with Project Motivator (ALLE LLC)is offering In It Together Coaching - Navigating Challenges Through Strengths. The member cost for this series is $100and will be hosted online via ZOOM by the In it Together Coaches & Ruth Pearce.
Want to know more about the team of coaches? Check them out here: https://projectmotivator.com/about/
- Knowing & using your strengths
- Using your strengths to lead
What do I want to focus on next?
Virtual Workshop Series presented by Apex Systems with Live Q & A: Level Up Your Communication and Collaboration with Kupe Kupersmith - Workshop 6
NCPMI in partnership with Apex System is offering a Virtual Workshop Series on Time Management and Communications for All Practitioners. This will be a live question and answer session and pre-work is requiredprior to event. The workshops will be free for NCPMI Members and hosted online via ZOOM.
- In this highly interactive and fun session, Kupe, an improvisational actor, focuses on key improvisation lessons that will help you be a more attentive and flexible team member. You will walk away with lessons to help you suspend judgment, keep conversations moving forward, listen generously, and take collaboration to new levels. This will not be your average webinar where you sit back and listen. With Kupe’s Project management, Business Analysis and business background, he will be able to help you directly apply these skills on the job.
- Why is this so important? The speed of business today requires teams to decide fast, learn fast and gain buy-in from all stakeholders involved. In Daniel Pink’s book, To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others, he highlights improv skills as a necessary competency for everyone. This quote sums it up. “In improv, you never try to get someone to do something. That’s coercion, not creativity,” Salit says. “You make offers, you accept offers— and a conversation, a relationship, a scene, and other possibilities emerge.” Your role is to help move others to accomplish agreed upon goals. Using the Improv Advantage, your job gets easier!
Grow Your Skills
It is particularly important for Project Managers to maintain and improve their project management knowledge and skills to stay competitive in the market. PMP certification is a critical component. As, during the resent years, project management discipline took a step toward more flexible and dynamic project management methodologies, in addition to the traditional waterfall approach, several new emerging methodologies became in high demand. Thus, training and credentialing in these methodologies became highly sough after among Project Management professionals. It is especially relevant in today's economic climate.
|New Members This Year||413|
|Members with no Certification||1057|
|Breakdown by type|
Members in Spotlight
15th Year Anniversary
- Ganesh Ramakrishnan, PMP
- Joy Gregory-Powell, PMP
- Sarah Jane Williams, PMP
- Derek Ketterer, PMP,PMI-ACP
- Linda Roseboro, PMP
- Ricardo Trevino, PMP
- Gerard Troxell, PMP
- Catherine E McCoy, PMP
Renewing Members This Month
- Palash Patel
- Sage Dunlevy, PMP
- John Trapasso, PMP
- Jocelyn Adkins
- Eric Gamble, PMP
- Derrick Williams, PMP
- Stephen Gant, PMP
The Project Management Institute, with members in 135 countries, is the world's foremost authority for the project management profession. PMI sets industry standards, conducts research, and provides education and certification opportunities designed to strengthen and further establish the profession. Our chapter proudly serves all the local and national professionals in the space of Project Management. We currently have thousands of members - over half of whom hold PMI’s esteemed PMP certification - and represent nearly 400 unique companies across the globe.
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Make your mark on our PMI Chapter and the profession. As a member, you can volunteer to work on and to lead activities that advance the profession and support the chapter business operations by joining our chapter volunteer community. All volunteer openings are managed by the PMI Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS). This system includes the ability to search for opportunities, view details about each role and apply online.
Earn PDUs by Volunteering
Volunteering Project Management Professional PDUs can be earned as part of Category E: Volunteer Service. Category E, along with Category D (Creating New Project Knowledge) and Category F (Working as a Professional in Project Management), comprise the Giving Back To The Profession Categories. You can earn PDUs in Category E (Volunteer Service) by providing volunteer, non-compensated project management, and many others.
Speakers for our Chapter's Events
Our PMI Chapter welcomes proposals from passionate speakers interested in sharing their experiences, knowledge and expertise on such topics as general business and strategy, leadership, project management, and technical or industry-specific specialties. Our Professional Development events provide professional development units (PDUs) of educational information necessary for those attendees maintaining certification designations. Speakers are also eligible to claim PDUs for their creation and delivery of the presentation material.